Thursday, April 10, 2008

bad day

Today I had to have Cezanne, my ten-year-old cat, put down.

She was fine last week and as recently as Sunday. Monday, she ate and threw up her dinner. Tuesday, she didn't really eat. Yesterday, she fell apart. She was barely moving, and last night around 9 she completely lost bladder control.

I took her to the vet. After a long conversation about testing to determine what was wrong, I finally got the vet to tell me that the testing would be extensive and very expensive and that the situation was probably very dire (it took almost 45 minutes to get this statement). I decided not to put Cezi through all that, and I let her go.

For the record, I am really really tired of having to make this decision. It's only been eight months since I had to put D'Urby down.

This sucks.

No comments: