Sunday, January 6, 2008

the end of the world

Ok, this is what's Bird's husband would consider a sign that the world as we know it is ending.

I went to the gym yesterday (no, that's not the sign of the apocalypse of which I speak), and there's a sign on the counter where people check in: complimentary valet service available effective...

I do understand, in theory, the point of this. It is resolution season, and this tends to make the gym insanely busy (happens in May, too, just before swimsuit season). The parking lot is limited, and I have been there on a couple of occasions when there were just no parking spots available, even around the back of the building (where I don't like to park anyway because it's all dark and hidden from the road). I know they have to get complaints about it; I know someone who actually stopped going to the gym ostensibly because she could never find a parking spot.

But really??? A valet?

It's a GYM, people!

No comments: