Wednesday, January 9, 2008

dumb car

I got a new car on a lease so I wouldn't have to worry about fixing it. Nonetheless, my lovely car visited the shop today! Now, I love my car. Truly. It's cute, it's sporty, and it's got serious cajones. And until three hours ago, it sounded like a train pulling into a freight yard. The good news? The service guy thinks he can get the makers of my loverly car to pay for the work...since there isn't anything really wrong with my brakes that sounded like a crazy train. They have plenty of life in them; they just make horrendous noises, and I'm concerned that my neighbors might stop loving me if I keep making those noises at really early hours of the morning. So I bit the bullet and paid for the brake job.

Dumb car. *sigh*


January 31, 2008
An update. Ford Motor Company says that they only cover brakes to 12,000 miles; any car driven 20,000 miles in the first year is not covered in anyway. There was nothing physically wrong with my brakes and that the first set of new brake pads they put on my car made the same noise fresh out of the package but the second set of new pads did not. The fact that I drive my car a lot means that they have no liablity for shoddy products????? I certainly plan to pursue this further!

No comments: