Wednesday, February 20, 2008

speed dating fun

So a week or so, I went speed dating. Yag. Most of the guys were ok, and a couple were just painful. Truly, how difficult is it to talk to someone for five minutes? Talking to two of those guys was like pulling teeth from a hippopotomus. "So, where do you live?" "Troy." "Lived there long?" "Yeah." Help!!!

A couple were remotely interesting. One guy was intriguing only because he sat down and announced, "I'm looking for five things in a woman." He starts listing: spiritual, non-smoker, wants a family, comfortable with herself, willing to participate or watch sports. All of which describe me to some degree. So I agree to go out with him.

I had lunch with him today. He's 49. It was a party for people between 32 and 42!!! He goes to Kensington Church, a non-denominational (kind of evangelical) church which scares the crap out of me. He doesn't understand why people would rather read than play sports. None of this is appealing.

Just once, I would like to meet a guy who is as interested in me as I am in him and who is as interesting on the second date as the first date.

1 comment:

Me said...

Remind me to tell you about the last time I went speed dating...
Erinn